Welcome to my website! Below you can find informations about the insurances I can settle with, I recommend to read these before contacting me. Thank you!
I offer individual therapy for adolescents and adults as well as couple and poly counselling in German and English in Berlin.
The psychotherapeutic method I offer is officially called ''Tiefenpsychologisch fundierte Psychotherapie'' (''psychotherapy based on depth psychology''). This method is applicable to a wide range of psychological complaints (depression, anxiety, addiction, psychosomatic symptoms, conflicts in relationships, sexual problems, problematic eating behaviour, critical life events, challenging life situations ...)
In psychotherapy, an appreciative atmosphere, an encounter at eye level and open-mindedness to your concern are particularly important to me. My image of us humans is based on the conviction that we want to grow, develop further and constructively shape our environments.
I regard mental complaints as a ''wake-up call of the soul'', which usually becomes the louder the longer we ignore it, and wich makes clear that we might have ended up in a dead end and need support. Backround of this can be blows of fate, drastic changes in our life situation, recurring relationship conflicts, illnesses, the feeling of permanently ignoring one's deep desires, spiritual crises, and so on.
Psychotherapy, then, is about deciphering this wake-up call, understanding the symptoms and their message on a deeper level, and finding a way out of the impasse. Our inner blocks are often related to the relationship experiences we have accumulated throughout our lives. An example: A person suffers from depressive symptoms. If you look more closely at this, it becomes clear that the person in question has wanted to pursue a completely different career path for years, but is held back by fearful apprehensions. In the course of therapy, it is becoming increasingly apparent that behind these fears are again imprints from childhood and adolsecence, which should be changed psychotherapeutically. Examples could be: phrases like ''You are no good!'', too little support, trust and encouragement from the parents, which has led the person in question to all to stronger strive for security and to ''bury'' their desires and dreams.
With my therapeutic offer, I would like to accompany you in breaking down the hurdles that stand in the way of your process of becoming who you are.
I see you as an expert in your biography and your inner and outer world. I consider my role as that of a companion who goes on a journy of discovery with you into your world of feelings and thoughts, exploring together with you your current situation against the backround of your biography and developing solutions with you. Solutions can not be found through ''quick tips'', but through an intensive and patient examination of the topic.
Members of socially marginalized communities and identities often find it particularly difficult to find secure therapeutic spaces. Through my work, I want to help create such places. It is therefore important to me to always think along with social power relations, to reflect on my own identities and privileges, and to assist you in regaining the sovereignty of interpretation about yourself. I am part of the queer community and feel particularly connected to it.
One focus of my practice is on working with clients who identify as trans*, inter*, non-binary, genderfluid, genderqueer, agender, gender
non-conforming, pan/pansexual, asexual , gay, lesbian, homosexual, bi / bisexual, queer ...
Of course you are just as welcome if you do not find yourself in this!
Don't hesitate to contact me for further questions! I'm looking forward to hearing from you!
As an insuree of a statutory health insurance (,,Gesetzliche Krankenversicherung'', GKV) you need to follow certain steps to start a psychotherapy, you find them below. These guidelines apply to all statutory insurances.
I don't have a license to easily settle with the GKV yet, since the number of licenses for each city is restricted and there is a long waiting list for these licenses. Therefore I can only offer so-called reimbursement therapy, meaning that your insurance pays your therapy in my practice only if you can prove that you didn't find a place in a licensed practice.
The reimbursement request is only promising if you have without success followed certain steps to start a therapy in a licensed practice. If you haven't followed those steps yet, the insurances will decline your reimbursement request.
Please read these informations before contacting me, thank you! :)
Those steps are:
1. I recommend to document all futile efforts to find a therapy place in licensed practices (date of the call/ the email and the result (no answer, no free place, long waiting list etc.))
2. Arrange an appointment for the obligatory one-time ''psychotherapeutic consultation'' (''Psychotherapeutische Sprechstunde'') in any licensed ptactice. Either via the appointment service point
(''Termin-Service-Stelle'' (TSS), tel. 116117) or by yourself in any practice listed on kvberlin.de under ''Psychotherapeutensuche''. The website offers a English version. Link:
3. This initial consultation serves as a ''gateway'' to psychotherapy in the public health system and is supposed to provide you with information about the recommended next steps. During the consultation a form (PTV 11) will be handed out to you that includes the results of the consultation and your recommendations.
4. In case the therapist put the ''urgency sticker'' on the form, you have the right to call the appointment service point (tel.: 116117) again and they are obliged to offer you a therapy place within 4 weeks. There's a numerical code on the sticker that the person at the service point will ask for and that ''proves'' your right to be provided with a therapy place within 4 weeks.
5. If the service point offers you a place, a reimbursement request in my practice will be declined by your insurance then and they will tell you to get back to the service point and follow their suggestion.
6. With other words: A reimbursement request is only promising if you 1.) got the ''urgency sticker'' and 2.) called the service point but despite your right to get an appointment for a
therapy place from them they tell you that due to an overload they cannot offer you a place. OR: They offer you a place, you meet the therapist and find out that you don't get
That seems very complicated, I know. :-/ So don't hesitate to contact me for further questions!